Chicken Pesto Bake with Baked Sweet Potatoes
|Servings 2.0 per recipe
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 309||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Monosaturated Fat 3g||-|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g||-|
|Trans Fat 0g||-|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes were analyzed on www.myfitnesspal.com|
Makes 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper (or poultry seasoning)
- 2 teaspoon basil pesto
- 1/2 medium tomato, thin slices
- 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and fresh pepper (or poultry seasoning).
- Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet and spread pesto evenly over chicken. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional three to five minutes or until cheese is melted
- While chicken is baking, wash and dry sweet potato; poke holes in potato with a fork and cook in microwave for five minutes or until soft. Cut sweet potato in half and serve with half a tablespoon of butter.