How can motivation be maintained?
Many approaches can be taken to maintain sufficient levels of motivation so as to continue the exercise program, including:
- Follow an individualized program that is focused on specific goals.
- Start gradually with enjoyable activities and progress slowly.
- Emphasize lifestyle changes and incorporate activity into daily life.
- Establish regular workouts (the same time of day).
- Keep focus on short-term and long-term goals.
- Maintain activity logs to record achievements.
- Exercise with a partner or in groups.
- Gain support from family and friends.