City access guides for Atlanta, San Diego, and New Orleans.
Whether by plane, train, or automobile, people with disabilities travel the nation and the globe in search of the perfect destination. It is valuable, then, that some advocacy organizations and magazines have included travel tips and destination reviews in their websites and as regularly featured articles in their publications.
- PN (Paraplegia News) Magazine This publication of the Paralyzed Veterans Association provides news and information to people who use wheelchairs. Information on accessible travel destinations is included in the feature entitled Travel Tips.
- Emerging Horizons: Accessible Travel News is an accessible travel magazine with a focus on travelers with mobility impairments. The Emerging Horizons website also contains a searchable database of accessible travel destinations.
- The Society for Accessible Travel and Hospitality (SATH) is a non-profit membership organization focusing on expanding travel opportunities for people with disabilities. Information on the SATH Web site includes travel tips, information for travel agents, and airline accessibility.
- Access-Able Travel Source is an online resource for accessible destinations, transportation, travel agents, and stories from travelers with disabilities.
Many large cities such as San Diego, Atlanta, and New Orleans have great recreational opportunities such as museums, theaters, sports venues, shopping, and dining. A number of large cities now have accessibility guide booklets informing potential visitors as to the accessibility of various attractions in the area.
- AAA Travel Guide The renowned AAA Motor Club has published travel guides for many years. AAA now features a series of travel guides to large cities highlighting accessible destinations in each of the cities. Check your local AAA Motor Club or bookstore for the travel guides.