The Goalball Court
• Goalball is played on a standard gymnasium volleyball court.
• The key playing area measures 9 m wide x 18 m long.
• There are two team areas at either end of the court which measure 3 m wide x 9 m long.
• In each team area, there are player orientation marks which consist of two 1.5 m lines and one 0.50 m center line.
• The court is marked by using duct tape. It is suggested to use non-stick tape underneath the duct tape to avoid destroying the varnish or painted lines on the floor.
• Two layers of duct tape should be used on top of the other in order to the give the court a tactile feel. This helps the athletes find their positions easily.
Photo taken at 2012 International Goalball Classic. Credit: The Birmingham News/Bernard Troncale.