Soften it up
Soften it up
Soften foods with gravies and sauces but make sure you’re not eating too much sodium or fat. To lighten up your gravy, try this recipe that uses cauliflower. This sauce can be added to pasta, rice, chopped meats and so much more!
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Recipe found at http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/creamy-cauliflower-alfredo-sauce/
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Makes 3-4 cups of Alfredo Sauce (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 oz. of cream cheese
- Bring a medium sauce pan to medium high heat, add cauliflower florets and water. Cover.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from pan, place into a blender.
- In blender with cauliflower add milk, parmesan, parsley, nutmeg, black pepper, and cream cheese. Blend until smooth, should be like a puree (consistency of real Alfredo sauce)
- Serve over a bed of noodles or chopped meat.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Per serving (1/2 cup sauce)
Calories 85 | Total fat 5g | Saturated fat 2g | Monounsaturated fat 1g | Polyunsaturated fat 0g | Trans fat 0g | Protein 5g | Total carbohydrates 7g | Fiber 3g | Cholesterol 16mg | Sodium 102mg | Potassium 379 mg
*The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.