Week 1 Video Tip: Goal Setting
Download PDF copy of this week's tip sheet
Click on the link below to watch this week's video tip on Goal Setting. Melissa (who you can meet in the other video clip link below) discusses setting realistic goals and how to use the forms that we provide to monitor your progress. The video text is also provided below if needed.
You can create both long term and short term goals for the 14 weeks. A long term goal may be to participate in a 5K run/walk/roll that takes place at the end of the 14 weeks. A short term goal may be that you want to increase the amount that you walk or roll each week by either 5 minutes or 2 blocks in order to ultimately walk or roll a 5K.
|Image of Goal log|
Image of Activity Log
- What activities did I like?
- What activities did I dislike?
- What would I like to improve on?
- What will I not continue?
- Do I like to exercise with others or alone?
- What will I carry on in the next week?
- What are my long term goals?
- What are my short term goals?
- How will I reward myself?
|Image of Food Log|
|Photo of Mypyramid Steps to a Healthier You|
The food log will allow you to record what you consume throughout the day along with serving sizes and any other comments. Often, just being able to see the foods and amounts that you are eating will serve as good motivation for making healthier choices. Consult the food pyramid to compare your consumption to the recommended amounts for the various food groups.
These logs will be available at http://www.ncpad.org/616/2604/Resources~for~14-Week~Virtual~Trainer~Program throughout the course of the program.
Please call us with any questions:
- Exercise questions, call Blythe at 312-996-5965
- Nutrition questions, call Gillian at 312-996-0907