Best Practices in Inclusive Recreation Programs
Project GAIN (Golf: Accessible and Inclusive Networks) highlights best practices in inclusion, and more specifically best practices in inclusive recreation programs through golf. Project GAIN strives to achieve true inclusion by:blog comments powered by Disqus
- taking steps to account for the previously mentioned barriers;
- providing in-depth training for comprehensive and appropriate instruction;
- utilizing theory, specifically self-efficacy theory, to obtain predictable and optimal outcomes;
- individualizing lessons to meet each participant’s needs and desires;
- involving the community for greater awareness and acceptance, and to yield long-term inclusive leisure lifestyles for participants; and
- providing necessary adaptations and equipment to best serve participants.