|About||My name is Beth. I struggle with finding the motivation, energy, and time to exercise. I know that being more active will help my energy and my pain levels. I deal with myofascial pain disorder as well as depression. I do enjoy swimming and walking in nature. It is easier to exercise once I get over the hurdle of starting. I recently had bariatric surgery. Before the surgery I lost 40lbs and have lost another 30 in the 3 months since the surgery. I am very proud of the changes that I have made with my eating. The next challenge is moving. I want to live a healthy lifestyle so I have the energy to fully live my life.|
Group exercise classes and/or exercise equipment
Badges AwardedScroll over icons to view details
This badge was awarded for completing the 14 Week personalization survey!
Welcome to NCPAD's 14-Week Program to a Healthier You!
What is the program?
- Description: A free, personalized, web-based physical activity and nutrition program
- Target Audience: People with mobility limitations, chronic health conditions and physical disabilities
- Goal: To help you get moving and making healthy nutrition choices
- Duration: 14 weeks
How does it work?
- You register for the program and tell us a little about yourself.
- We take the information you gave us and, to the best of our abilities, provide you with personalized resources and exercises that meet your individual needs over the course of 14 weeks.
- Because there is new material each week that builds on the previous weeks, the program works best if you visit at least once a week.
What do I get throughout the program?
- New, personalized weekly exercises
- Physical activity and nutrition tips
- Motivational resources
- Weekly recipes
- Features to help you track your activity and what you eat
- Optional reminders and alerts
- Opportunities to connect with other participants
- Access to 14-Week coaches