What is an Inclusive Fitness Training?
An inclusive fitness training is designed for fitness instructors, personal trainers, and others working in the fitness field to learn valuable information on working with individuals with disabilities and chronic health conditions.
Attendees participate in both hands on and lecture experiences while they learn appropriate terminology and exercise prescription for individuals with a disability. This training allows individuals to gain experience as well as broaden the scope of individuals they are able to work with in a friendly and fun atmosphere. This training along with the ACSM/NCHPAD Resources for the Inclusive Fitness Trainer manual will also help prepare attendees to sit for the ACSM/NCHPAD Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer.
Topics Covered Include:
- -Inclusive facility design
- -Awareness of social inclusion for people with a disability
- -American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- -Safe and effective methods and recommendations of exercise
- -Appropriate adaptations to exercise
- -Precautions and contraindications to exercise related to disability
- -Motivational techniques and appropriate instruction for individuals with disabilities to begin and continue healthy lifestyles.