What is a Walking Meeting?
A small group meeting that does not require technology or note taking where employees are encouraged to walk.
Benefits of Walking Meetings
- Reduction in sedentary behavior
- Spark creativity, freshen perspectives, generate new ideas
- Relationship building among co-workers
- Improved physical and mental well-being
- Adding additional meaning to meetings
Walking is an inclusive physical activity term that is individualized regardless of mobility limitation. There are various ways to walk. It is encouraged to rebrand this term while changing individual and societal attitudes through visual imaging so that everybody is included in walking initiatives.
Helpful Resources for Planning a Walking Meeting