Healthcare Providers, Take the Pledge!
Use this toolkit to prescribe physical activity and connect consumers with opportunities to be physically active.
CDC has set up a dedicated resource page for doctors and other health professionals with information to help them recommend aerobic physical activity to their adult patients with disabilities.
Doctors and other health professionals can use these 5 steps to increase physical activity among adults with disabilities:
- Remember that Physical Activity Guidelines are for Everybody
- Ask about Physical Activity
- Discuss Barriers to Physical Activity
- Recommend Physical Activity Options
- Refer Patients to Resources and Programs