Selecting a Camp Site
There are many considerations when selecting a site to set up camp. The first and most important consideration is safety. Some additional things to consider include:
- Avoid camping under overhanging trees or a potential rock fall.
- Stay at least 100 feet from a water source or main trail.
- Avoid potential river run-off areas.
- Avoid potential snowfall or high-risk avalanche areas.
- Avoid areas that are high and are exposed to the weather.
- Only use pre-existing sites to limit the impact on the environment.
- Avoid areas with excessive slope, rocks, and flowers, etc.