Week 9 Tip Sheet: Cooking Demonstration
Download PDF copy of this week's tip sheet
Watch this week's video clip by Gillian Goodfriend, RD, LDN, to learn how to make three delicious and healthy dishes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 6 oz. fat free yogurt
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass
Serving size: 1
Grams of Fat: 0
Southwestern Turkey Wrap
- 1 tortilla (~ 100 calories)
- 3 T. fat-free sour cream
- 2 T. salsa
- 3 slices turkey
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/8 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- Mix sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
- Spread ~1/2 of the mixture onto the tortilla. Set aside the remaining sour cream/salsa mixture.
- Layer turkey slices on tortilla.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn in a strainer.
- Spread black beans and corn over turkey.
- Layer avocado slices over beans and corn.
- Top with shredded lettuce.
- Roll tortilla and slice into two halves.
- Use remaining sour cream/salsa mixture as dipping sauce for your wrap.
Serving size: 2
Calories (per serving): 185
Grams of Fat (per serving): 5
Simple Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 t. vegetable oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 T. light soy sauce
- 1 t. ground ginger
- Cook brown rice according to instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until chicken in done, stirring regularly.
- Serve stir fry over brown rice.
Serving size: 1
Grams of Fat: 8
Feel free to contact me with any questions at 312-996-0907.
Please visit http://www.ncpad.org/survey/survey.php?sid=65 to provide us with your valuable feedback.