Some Benefits of Horseback Riding
|Child who uses wheelchair petting horse|
- Improved balance and muscle strength.
- Improved coordination, faster reflexes and increased motor planning.
- Stretching of tight or spastic muscles.
- Decreased spasticity.
- Increased range of motion of joints.
- Improved respiration and circulation.
- Stimulates sensory integration.
- Improved visual spatial perception.
- Improved eye-hand coordination.
- Improved self-confidence.
- Improved risk-taking abilities.
- Development of patience.
- Emotional control and self-discipline
- Expansion of locus of control.
- Development of respect and care for animals.