Tips and Accessories
Get grilling with these tips and accessories:
1. User a table top grill for better access.
2. Keep the grill lower than waist-level for more control.
3. Use a wireless meat thermometer to determine proper cooking temperatures.
4. Use a heat safe plate if you use a wheelchair and will be placing the food on your lap after grilling.
5. Use tongs or other adaptive kitchen tools to open and close the grill lid.
1. EZ Flip Spatula (https://www.maxiaids.com/ez-flip-spatula)
2. Cut-Resistant Gloves (http://www.nchpad.org/1217/5866/Kitchen~Safety~and~Helpful~Tools)
3. Cutting Board with Pivot Knife (https://www.maxiaids.com/cutting-board-with-pivot-knife-white-board)
4. Rolling Knife (http://www.nchpad.org/1217/5866/Kitchen~Safety~and~Helpful~Tools)
5. ADA compliant grill (http://www.pilotrock.com/aspx/Shop/Product.aspx?productid=5)
Click to download an infographic.
For more adaptive kitchen and cooking tips go to: