Flexibility/Functionality Training Guidelines
Training should be performed daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Training should be performed after every cardiovascular and strength session.
- Every muscle group used in a workout should be stretched thoroughly after the session. Always stretch both the affected and unaffected sides.
- Spend more time on tight muscle groups.
- Stretches should be held for a minimum of 15 to 30 seconds for maximum benefit.
- Stretching should not be painful, but there may be a feeling of slight discomfort.
- As much as possible, use the affected side for activities of daily living (ADL) such as eating, combing your hair or dialing a phone number.