From the Information Specialists' Desks
Updates and Upcoming Events
The team here is gearing up to be the best year yet, complete with new products, events, promotions, and even a new website. We cannot wait to unveil these to you as they become available throughout the year. Until then, along with the rest of the newsletter, the following are a few upcoming events for you to enjoy.
- It's never too early to get ready for the North American Federation of Adapted Physical Activity 2014 Symposium. The official Call for Abstracts is open and ongoing until June 1, 2014. Good luck submitting, and we hope to see you in October!
- October 16-18, 2014
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- For more information, click HERE.
AXIS Dance Company
- Are you a dancer? AXIS Dance Company is auditioning for Apprentices & Company Members with Disabilities.
- Check out the website for AXIS here
- Additionally, to learn more check out the following video:
BlazeSports America Access to Sport -- Wheelchair Rugby Webinar
- Join us for a view into one of the fastest growing parasports in the world, through the eyes of USA Head Coach James Gumbert and current co-captain and USA National Team member, Joe Delagrave. With sellout crowds at the London 2012 Games, three gold medals in 2013, regain of their number one ranking, and a new partnership with USA Rugby, wheelchair rugby is poised to reclaim their World Championship title in 2014 and dominate the Rio 2016 Games. Learn more about the sport as a whole, how it changes lives, and how you can support or get involved.
- Registration can be done HERE
- Wednesday, January 22nd
- 3-4pm Eastern Standard Time
Disability Research and Dissemination Center (DRDC) Funding Noticeties
- DRDC recently announced several funding opportunities for the new year. Check out their website to learn more. Good luck!
We're so glad to have the option to continue serving you into and beyond 2014. Remember, if you have any needs, don't hesitate to contact us via phone (800-900-8086), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or live web chat. And for more opportunities like the ones listed above, don't forget to check out the calendar, located on our home page.