Camp Knutson was donated in 1953 by Minnesota Congressman Harold Knutson to be used as a summer retreat for "neglected, unfortunate, deprived and children with disabilities." Today the purpose of the camp has been expanded and currently serves:
Campers are enrolled in these summer camp sessions through corresponding groups only.
All of Camp Knutson's facilities have been either newly renovated or recently built and are all accessible.
The information provided in this website was supported by Grant/Cooperative Agreement Number U59DD000906 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC.
Copyright © of The Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama