Through this program, the Wal-Mart Foundation will award grants at the state and regional level to support unmet needs that are not directly addressed by any of their current programs.
- The Foundation has adopted the following areas of focus: Education, Job Skills Training, Environmental Sustainability and Health.
- The area of Education includes a program or initiative that addresses the educational needs of under-served young people ages 12-30.
- The area of Job Skills Training includes a program or initiative that provides professional training, counseling and support services to help people improve their work-related skills.
- The area of Health includes a program or initiative that works to improve access to healthcare and to promote healthy lifestyles.
- The area of Environmental Sustainability includes a program or initiative that is designed to help people become more personable sustainable or to help support the environment.
The information provided in this website was supported by Grant/Cooperative Agreement Number U59DD000906 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC.
Copyright © of The Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama