The National Wheelchair Basketball Association provides persons with physical disabilities the opportunity to play, learn, and compete in the sport of wheelchair basketball. The NWBA establishes strategic plans and national goals for the promotion and growth of the sport and for participation and competition at all levels. As the national governing body for the sport of wheelchair basketball in the United States, the NWBA is responsible for the interpretation, standardization, and enforcement of the rules and regulations of wheelchair basketball.
The Executive Director is responsible for the professional leadership and management of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years of experience in senior management positions;
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills;
- Proven success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting foundation and corporate grants, and the ability to identify, steward, and solicit individual donors;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including strong presentation skills;
- Demonstrated computer literacy;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration, including strong interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate, conflict management and resolution, and the ability to communicate and work well with an active Board and membership;
- Ability to raise the visibility of the organization through successful marketing including expansion of the membership base;
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred;
- Some schedule flexibility is required;
- Relocation to Colorado Springs, Colorado is required.