The Staff Training provides staff in community-based agencies structured
information on how to organize and start a tailored physical activity and
health education program for adults with intellectual and/or developmental
disabilities (I/DD) in community-based residential and day/vocational
$200/person includes training materials and a CD-ROM of the Exercise and Nutrition Health Education Curriculum for Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
Staff working with adults who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
This Staff Training can enhance staff's skills, knowledge, and abilities to work with persons who have disabilities to become more physically active and make healthy food choices. Strategies are offered in the training to do the following:
1. motivate and engage adults with I/DD in a physical activity and health education program,
2. teach core concepts relating to physical activity and nutrition to adults with DD, and
3. support adults with I/DD to incorporate physical activity and healthy lifestyles into activities of daily living.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
1. start and implement a physical activity and health education program for adults with I/DD and
2. evaluate the effectiveness of your program. CEUs: CEUs provided for Nursing Home Administrators, QMRPs, Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists
REGISTRATION and INFORMATION:
Register early! Space is limited to 20 participants. CEUs will be provided.
Registration deadline is June 10th, 2009. To register online, visit the following website: