Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago, a Center for Independent Living, seeks a full-time Housing Policy Analyst. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Access Living�s housing policy efforts.
The Housing Policy Analyst will be responsible for the following specific tasks as well as others:
- 1) Promote progressive disability related housing legislation and policy reform;
- 2) Conduct public education efforts around disability-related housing policy and legislation;
- 3) Advise on the development of new disability-related housing policies or policy reform;
- 4) Work with community organizations, government and non-governmental housing providers to develop affordable, accessible, integrated housing opportunities for people with disabilities;
- 5) Strategize on systems change advocacy for accessible, affordable/subsidized and integrated housing and
- 6) Provide information on and analysis of specific housing policy issues affecting the disability community.
Qualified candidates should have extensive experience in affordable housing policy and knowledge of disability issues and the independent living philosophy. Qualified candidates must also have very strong writing and analytical skills. An understanding of housing civil rights laws is preferred but not required. Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends. Travel both in and out of state is required. People with disabilities, members of other minority communities, and those with personal experience with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should mail, fax, or e-mail a resume and cover letter to:
Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago
115 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60654