Join our growing team! AUCD is currently seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Project Specialist working under the supervision of the LEND Technical Assistance Project Director. The individual filling this position will support technical assistance activities of AUCD\\\'s cooperative agreement with the Maternal Child Health Bureau (MCHB). The cooperative agreement is funded under the Combating Autism Act and establishes the Interdisciplinary Technical Assistance Center (ITAC) which supports the national networks of MCHB-funded Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities (LEND) and Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) training programs.
The Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), located in Silver Spring, MD, is a national nonprofit organization that promotes and supports a national network of interdisciplinary centers on disabilities. The members of AUCD represent every US state and territory and include 67 University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), 39 Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) Programs and 15 Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Centers (IDDRC). Together, these organizations advance policy and practice through research, education, leadership, and services for and with individuals with developmental and other disabilities, their families and communities, in support of independence, productivity, and satisfying quality of life.
- Support the MCHB Project Director and staff in the coordination of technical assistance and network initiatives
- Coordinate the scheduling and development of technical assistance events such as site visits, meetings, webinars, and conference calls
- Actively work to increase collaboration and idea sharing among the LEND and DBP networks by supporting webinars, meetings, and events
- Provide information to the AUCD network and the general public as appropriate on project efforts through web postings, newsletters, and electronic publications
- Represent the AUCD office, AUCD network members, and the cooperative agreement at meetings and conferences locally and nationally
Crystal Pariseau, MSSW:MCH TA Director
Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
1010 Wayne Avenue, Suite 920
Silver Spring, MD 20910