General Rules of Wheelchair Hockey
- A total of five players (including the goaltender) are required to be on the floor in order to play a game.
- Goaltenders cannot use a manual wheelchair.
- The game begins with a face-off at the center face-off circle. The referee places the ball at the center of the circle and blows the whistle to start play.
- A goal is scored when the ball completely crosses the goal line. A goal is not allowed if the ball was kicked by an offensive player and as a result entered the goal either directly or after deflecting off any player, including the goaltender.
- Each game consists of three 15-minute periods. Each period will be played on a non-stop basis, except when a goal is scored. There is a 2-minute break between each period.