|Lives in||Juliaetta ID|
|About||Hi I'm amber and I am 41 years old. I got into a car accident at the age of 16 and was paralyzed from T5 down. I was told I would never walk again. I went from a wheelchair, walker, to a cane now. I have limited mobility. I have titanium rods in my back so it has limited my ability to move some. My right leg I wear a AFO to help with my foot drop. I have 2 boys that are ages 11 and 5, they keep me busy. I am on here to try to improve my mobility and to get in shape. It has been a struggle for me to do exercises since I don't really have any core muscles and with the rods in my back it has been difficult for me. I am ready to get in shape! Since turning 40 I have gained weight in my stomach area and would like to get rid of that and get my core stronger with my right leg and buttocks. I'm hoping this program will help we with this. Especially to find the right kind of exercises. I love anything outdoors but I have noticed over the years I can't do as much. I can't walk for very long or stand that long either. I have lots of back pain so I'm hoping this process will help me.|
Group exercise classes and/or exercise equipment
Badges AwardedScroll over icons to view details
This badge was earned for signing into access Week 1 resources. Sign in to see the newest resources and earn your badge!
This badge was awarded for completing the 14 Week personalization survey!
Welcome to NCPAD's 14-Week Program to a Healthier You!
What is the program?
- Description: A free, personalized, web-based physical activity and nutrition program
- Target Audience: People with mobility limitations, chronic health conditions and physical disabilities
- Goal: To help you get moving and making healthy nutrition choices
- Duration: 14 weeks
How does it work?
- You register for the program and tell us a little about yourself.
- We take the information you gave us and, to the best of our abilities, provide you with personalized resources and exercises that meet your individual needs over the course of 14 weeks.
- Because there is new material each week that builds on the previous weeks, the program works best if you visit at least once a week.
What do I get throughout the program?
- New, personalized weekly exercises
- Physical activity and nutrition tips
- Motivational resources
- Weekly recipes
- Features to help you track your activity and what you eat
- Optional reminders and alerts
- Opportunities to connect with other participants
- Access to 14-Week coaches