Meal #5: Turkey and Tomato Panini
Turkey and Tomato Panini
Recipe from http://www.spachethespatula.com/turkey-and-tomato-panini/#_a5y_p=2276306
Yields: 1 sandwich
Serving size: 1 sandwich
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon fat-free Greek yogurt
- Juice from half a lemon (I used a Meyer lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon grated parmigiano reggiano
- Salt & freshly-ground pepper
- 2 slices bread (I use Dave's Killer Bread in their Thin-Sliced variety)
- 2 ounces oz. oven-roasted deli turkey
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, basil, and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper (this can be prepared the night before).
- Spread one-half of the mixture on each slice of bread. Arrange the tomato slices on one piece, and the turkey on the other. Close the sandwich.
- Press in a Panini press for three minutes until golden brown (you can also do this in a pan, just like a grilled cheese).
- Let cool for a bit before putting in a to-go container for lunch.
- Complete this meal with a side of fruit or yogurt.
Calories: 334 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 29 mg | Sodium: 1045 mg | Potassium: 872 mg | Total Carbohydrate: 43 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Protein: 20 g