Meal #3: Mason Jar Salad
Mason Jar Salad
Recipe modified from http://eatwithinyourmeans.com/simple-mason-jar-salad-review-conscious-cleanse/
Yields: 1 serving
Serving size: Salad ingredients only
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 to 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 green apple, thinly sliced and soaked in salted water to prevent browning
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite salad dressing
- Pour two tablespoons of your favorite dressing at the bottom of the Mason jar. You always want to start with the wettest ingredient and move up to driest ingredient.
- Order of layering: apples, radishes, celery, and walnuts. Put the greens in last before sealing the jar. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Keeps three to four days.
- When ready to eat, pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl. If the dressing has thickened up and will not easily pour out of the jar, add a tablespoon of warm water. Then seal the jar and shake it to thin out the dressing before adding to the salad. Toss the salad with the dressing and enjoy.
- Pair this salad with some rotisserie chicken or a side of deli meat.
Calories: 349 | Total Fat: 26 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg| Sodium: 155 mg | Potassium: 1203 mg | Total Carbohydrate: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 12 g | Protein: 13 g