Recipe modified from http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/Recipes/Chicken-Piccata_UCM_465521_RecipeDetail.jsp
Makes 2 servings
% Daily Value*
Total fat 5 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33 g
Sodium 131 mg
Potassium 539 mg
Carbohydrates 51 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 24 g
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
- 4 oz. whole-wheat angel hair or spaghetti pasta
- 1 Tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini
- Prepare pasta to package directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Mix flour and pepper in a shallow dish. One at a time, place chicken pieces in flour mixture and turn to coat.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink inside (three to four minutes per side).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Re-spray skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium-high, and cook mushrooms for three to four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock, stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add Italian Seasoning and zucchini, bring to a simmer and cook about five minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce. Serve topped with chicken.