Rules and Eligibility for Video Submissions
- Video clips must address one of two questions: (1) How is your school inclusive when it comes to physical activity, or (2) Why does your school need help when it comes to inclusion in physical activity. Schools entering the contest must show how a person with a disability is included in physical activity. Schools must also use person first language throughout the video. (For more information on disability etiquette and person first language refer to our fact sheet on Disability Awareness and Are You KnowledgeABLE?). Entries promoting the use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, violence, firearms or weapons, profanity, inappropriate or obscene gestures and/or that are sexually explicit in nature will be disqualified.
- Each school may submit up to three entries. All selected entries will appear on www.nchpad.org/Educators and/or the NCHPAD YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/NCPAD.
- Entries should be submitted in the following format:
- A YouTube video no longer than four minutes.
- Once you have uploaded the video to YouTube you will send us the link on our contest submission page.
- Each entry must be creative, original, and appeal to an inclusive audience (consider, “Can this video help other schools be more inclusive?”)
- All entries must be received between March 10th and May 11th.
Rules and Eligibility for Picture Submissions:
- Pictures must proove that the video is being shown, and where.
- Submissions should be made via social media to Twitter or Instagram. Tag @NCHPAD in your post and include the hashtag #LetMePlay.
- Each school may enter one submission weekly from March 10th- May 11th
All materials are available in alternate formats upon request.
Monetary funding provided by Lakeshore Foundation. This campaign was made possible through the Alabama Department of Public Health CDC-RFA-DD12-1204 and the National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability Grant Number U59DD000906 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.