Updates and Upcoming Events
“Commit To Inclusion” is a campaign created and launched by the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, NCHPAD, the American Association on Health and Disability, and the Center on Disability at the Public Health Institute. It seeks to support the implementation of guidelines and programming to empower people with disability to lead healthy, active lifestyles. To learn more about what inclusion means to a wide variety of individuals, watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnI4Y8MRVg
To learn more about various approaches a community may take to promote, create, and improve inclusion, check out the ever-expanding list of resources on our “Building Inclusive Healthy Communities” section of the website, as well as the Guidelines for Disability Inclusion in Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Obesity Programs and Policies.
To join in and/or spread the word about “Commit To Inclusion,” check us out on Facebook and Twitter, and share with us what inclusion means to you, how your community is inclusive, or inclusive changes you would like to see made by using the following hashtags: #InclusionMeans and #CommitToInclusion
- Open Dialog with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Tuesday, October 21
- 2-3.30pm Eastern
- This interactive session will allow listeners to engage with speakers on the EEOC and pose any questions they may have about the EEOC and equitable employment in general.
- The Workplace and People with Disabilities: Past, Present and Future
- Wednesday, October 29
- 12-1pm Eastern
- This webinar will focus on the history of and perspectives about disability employment, current disability employment initiatives, and issues that need to be addressed now and in the future to promote and impove disability employment.
- American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting
- November 15-19
- New Orleans, LA
- This meeting serves as the largest national gathering of officials and practitioners from all aspects of public health. We hope to see you there! Stop by and say hello at booth 1711!
- Bay Area Abilities Expo
- November 21-23
- San Jose, CA
- The Expo features new technologies, devices, and opportunities for people with disability, their friends and families, practitioners, and healthcare workers.