6. Wall Sit: Got a long paper to review? Find a wall, squat down with your thighs parallel to the floor, make a 90-degree angle with your legs, and hold for one minute. You can also split the challenge into two, 30-second sits.
7. Squeeze: This toning exercise is great for when your mind starts wondering in long meetings. Perform an isometric hold on either your glutes or abdominals for 10 seconds and release. Repeat the squeeze five times.
8. Chair Squat: Sit on the edge of your chair with your feet about shoulder width apart. Stand up without using your hands and then squat down to return back to your chair. When squatting stick your backside out and always make sure your knees do not cross over your toes. Complete 8-10 reps.
9. The Desk Dip: Perform on a sturdy desk or a non-rolling chair. Sit down at the very edge if using a chair and place your hands on both sides of the body. Plant both feet on the floor and take one to two steps away from the desk or chair. Bend your elbows down to reach a 90-degree angle, hold, and re-straighten. Complete 8-10 reps.
10. Prayer Hands: Seated upright with feet flat on the floor, bring your palms together in front of your chest and push both hands together powerfully until you feel your arm and chest muscles contract. Hold the position for 20 seconds and repeat twice.
11. The Handshake: Clasp your hands together in front of your chest as if you were giving yourself a handshake. One thumb should be up and the other pointing down to the ground. Pull as hard as you can and hold the movement for 20 seconds repeating twice.