Table of Contents
NCHPAD NEWS: February 2008
Volume 7, Issue 2
A monthly publication of NCHPAD - the NATIONAL CENTER on HEALTH, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, and DISABILITY www.ncpad.org.
Not a subscriber? Sign Up
To sign up for this free monthly electronic newsletter, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with this message in the body of the e-mail:
THIS MONTH'S TOPICS
- From the Editor's Desk: Make Your Heart Happy
- Director's Column: Without Health Promotion, the Health Care System Will Remain Broken for People with Disabilities
- From the Information Specialist's Desk: Access for All? We're Working on it!
- Secondary Conditions: Decrease Secondary Condition Risk by Celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day with Exercise
- F.I.T.T.: Making It All Count: The Big Picture of Physical Activity
- New NCHPAD Document: Designing for Inclusive Play: Applying the Principles of Universal Design to the Playground
- Community Voice: More than a Diagnosis
- Nutrition Spotlight: The Fat Debate
- NCHPAD Video Corner: Lifetime Sports: Family-Oriented Sports and Home Activities
- Video Review: Going for the Gold: A Tale of Three Kids
- Emerging Evidence in Health and Disability: Case Studies: Effects of Aerobic Exercise in Adolescents with Cerebral Palsy
- NUDGE: Mobility Fitness Equipment
- Disability and Physical Activity News and Announcements
- Events and Conferences
- Participation in Research
Disclaimer: Proper precautions must be taken before you begin an exercise program. An understanding of your current health status and potential problems is necessary for you to exercise safely. Please contact your physician if you have any concerns. This program is intended to incorporate high-intensity physical activity into your daily life, but should not be used in place of physical therapy, professional medical advice, or treatment.