Table of Contents
NCHPAD NEWS: April 2007
Volume 6, Issue 4
A monthly publication of NCHPAD - the NATIONAL CENTER on HEALTH, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, and DISABILITY www.ncpad.org.
Not a subscriber? Sign Up
To sign up for this free monthly electronic newsletter, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with this message in the body of the e-mail:
THIS MONTH'S TOPICS
- From the Editor's Desk: Variety is the Spice of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Director's Column: Exercising Your Brain
- From the Information Specialist's Desk: New DVD for Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis
- Focus on Secondary Condition Prevention: Decreasing Secondary Conditions in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- F.I.T.T.: What Do You Know About the ADA?
- NCHPAD Video Corner: Sit Volleyball
- Emerging Evidence in Health and Disability: Treadmill Walking Program for Adolescents with Severe Autism
- Nutrition Spotlight: Nutrition for Parkinson's Disease
- Community Voice: "Retard" --Speech made by a High School Senior
- NCHPAD Book Corner: Healthy Martial Arts
- Grant and Research Opportunities
Disclaimer: Proper precautions must be taken before you begin an exercise program. An understanding of your current health status and potential problems is necessary for you to exercise safely. Please contact your physician if you have any concerns. This program is intended to incorporate high-intensity physical activity into your daily life, but should not be used in place of physical therapy, professional medical advice, or treatment.