Table of Contents
NCHPAD NEWS: September 2004
Volume 3, Issue 9
A monthly publication of NCHPAD - the NATIONAL CENTER on HEALTH, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, and DISABILITY www.ncpad.org.
Not a subscriber? To sign up for this free monthly electronic newsletter, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe section at the bottom of this newsletter, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with this message in the body of the e-mail:
THIS MONTH'S TOPICS
- Paralympics Preview!
- Director's Corner: Olympics Not Over Until Paralympians Compete
- From the Information Specialist's Desk
- NCHPAD Research Abstracts: Assessment of a Holistic Wellness Program for Persons with Spinal Cord Injury
- RecTech-Nudge Corner: Multiple Sclerosis and Exercise
- Public Health Corner
- NCHPAD Nutrition Corner: Nutritional Tips for Persons with Cancer
- New NCHPAD Publications:
- Community Spotlight: ShowMe Aquatics, St. Louis, Missouri
- Spina Bifida and Exercise
- Need Research Study Participants:
- Arthritis and Exercise Research Study in Chicago
- Georgia Tech Arthritis and Mobility Impairment Research Studies
- Need Volunteers: Kids Enjoy Exercise Now (K.E.E.N.) Volunteer Program
- Jobs in Health, Disability, and Physical Activity
Disclaimer: Proper precautions must be taken before you begin an exercise program. An understanding of your current health status and potential problems is necessary for you to exercise safely. Please contact your physician if you have any concerns. This program is intended to incorporate high-intensity physical activity into your daily life, but should not be used in place of physical therapy, professional medical advice, or treatment.