The Basics of Good Nutrition
5 Meals: 1 Bag
Shopping Made Simple
Planning, preparing and executing a week of healthy dinners can be challenging even if you are not facing any physical or emotional obstacles. For those who have recently experienced a spinal cord injury (SCI) and are fresh out of rehab, preparing a week of healthy meals can seem almost impossible. NCHPAD has created a series of weekly meals specific for individuals who need less preparation and shopping time. All meals have been designed to be rich in important nutrients, such as protein, which is necessary for maintaining muscle mass, fighting infections and preventing skin breakdown. The following recipes use basic ingredients with minimal preparation. Ingredients for all five meals should fit in one large reusable grocery bag, allowing for an easier grocery shopping experience.
In this guide:
- Standards for a Healthy Diet
- Adjusting Calories for Individuals with a Spinal Cord Injury
- Five-Dinner Grocery Bags: The Basics
- Week One: Grocery List and Recipies
- Week Two: Grocery List and Recipies
- Week Three: Grocery List and Recipies
- Week Four: Grocery List and Recipies
- Week Five: Grocery List and Recipies
Ever struggled in the grocery store while trying to carry multiple bags? Well, NCHPAD has a solution for you! This video explores five different meals that can fit into just one bag. It's shopping made simple that is not only convenient, but healthy.